Who we are
Dolvana Nigeria Limited, is a Petroleum company whose products and services includes; O-Zone Mobile
Application, O-Zone Web Application, procurement and supply of petroleum products and others that link
O-Zone application if you do not agree to any of these terms. Should you have any questions about
something later on, you can always take a look at this summary—so you can review some of the basics in
just a few minutes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
• Information you provide.
• Information we get when you use our services.
• Information we get from third parties.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us for example, most of
our services require you to set up a O-Zone account, so we need to collect a few important details about
you, such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, and date of birth, debit or
credit card number and its associated account information, including your BVN. We may also ask you to
provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile
picture. You will also provide us whatever information you send through our services, such as record of
your transactions on our application.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever
information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
INFORMATION WE GET WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how
you’ve used them. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use.
- Information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating
system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps
installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, keyboards installed, language, battery level,
and time zone;
- Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone
number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
- Device Phonebook.
- Camera and Photos to setup your profile picture among other things.
- Location Information. When you use our services we shall collect information about your
location. With your permission, we shall also collect information about your precise location
using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other
sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. Like most online services and
storage, and unique advertising identifiers, to collect information about your activity, browser,
and device. We may also use these technologies to collect information when you interact with
services we offer through one of our partners, such as advertising and commerce features.
Please bear in mind, though, that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our services, such as: details
about how you’ve used our services, device information, such as your web browser type and
language, access times, pages viewed, IP address, identifiers associated with cookies or other
technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser and pages you visited before
or after navigating to our services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
We collect information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties.
- If you link your O-Zone account to another service, we may receive information from the other service, like how you use that service.
- Advertisers, app developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of ads. You can learn more about our use of this kind of third-party data from our Support Center.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Such as:
– Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
– Send you communications, including by email.
– Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
– Personalize our services
– Contextualize your experience by, among other things, using your transaction history, your
precise location information (if, of course, you’ve given us permission to collect that information)
and applying other labels based on the content.
– Provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting, and ad measurement, including
through the use of your precise location information (again, if you’ve given us permission to
collect that information), both on and off our services.
– Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
– Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
– Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and
your experience with them.
– Enforce, investigate, and report conduct violating our Terms of Service and other usage policies,
respond to requests from law enforcement, and comply with legal requirements.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information about you in the following ways:
– With our affiliates. We may share information with entities affiliated with Dolvana Nigeria Limited.
– With third parties. We may share information about you with service providers who perform
services on our behalf, including to measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver
more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps.
– We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and
functionality on our services.
– We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others
– We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share
information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
– Comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or
– Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
– Protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
– Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
– We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Dolvana Nigeria
Limited gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or
acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your
information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
– Non-personal information. We may also share with third parties that provide services to
us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or deidentified information.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND INTEGRATIONS
Our services may contain third-party content and integrations. Through these integrations, you may be
providing information to the third party as well as to O-Zone. We are not responsible for how those third
parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of
every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
- We store your basic account information—like your name, phone number, and email address—
and list of friends and other information derived from your use of our application, for different
lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use. You can see the location
data we retain about you by downloading your data.
- If you ever decide to stop using O-Zone, you can just ask us to delete your account. We’ll also
delete most of the information we’ve collected about you after you’ve been inactive for a while!
- Please bear in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices
automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may
be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if
we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content, if we receive reports of abuse or
other Terms of Service violations, or if your account or content created by you is flagged by others
or our systems for abuse or other Terms of Service violations.
- Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required
CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
- Access, Correction, and Portability: you can access and edit most of your basic account
information right in our apps. You can also use Download My Data to obtain a copy of information
that is available in our apps in a portable format, so you can move it or store it wherever you
desire. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide
additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may
also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons,
including but not limited to; if the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
- Revoking permissions: in most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke
your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those
options. Please note that by your use of this option, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion: while we hope you will remain a lifelong O-Zone subscriber, if for some reason you ever
want to delete your account, you may proceed to the app to do so.
- Advertising Preferences: we try to show you ads that we think will be relevant to your interests.
If you would like to modify the information we and our advertising partners use to select these
ads, you can do so in the app and through your device preferences.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States
and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information outside of where you live,
when we are legally required to do so, we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place. We also
make sure any third parties we share information with have an adequate transfer mechanism in place, as
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 18. And that’s why we do
not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18. In addition, we may limit how we
collect, use, and store some of the information of users between 18 and 20. In some cases, this means we
will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis
for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your
parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.